The #ausyachallenge is back for 2019 and I’m hosting it! If you don’t know what the #ausyachallenge is, it was a bookstagram challenge hosted by Aus YA Bloggers back in 2016. It was a massive hit, with people from all around the world participating! And this year we’re bringing it back *cheering*
There are a few important things to note about the challenge:
1) You don’t have to be Aussie to participate! Everyone is welcome to join in!!
2) The books you choose don’t have to be by Aussie authors but sharing the #loveozya love is always nice
3) Use the hashtag #ausyachallenge19 so I can see all your beautiful posts!
5) You can post the challenge prompts so others know you’re joining in! If you head over to this tweet there are three designs, which should cover most bookstagram aesthetics :D
6) I’ll be posting the prompts in my stories each day along with suggestions!
I’ve never hosted an Instagram challenge before and I’m really excited to be hosting this one! I hope it’s a success and that people will join in *prays* Anyway, here are the prompts! They’re simple and you can interpret them however you want, really, but I’ll give some explanation in case anyone wants direction.
- #TBR – this one is easy, just post a photo of the book/s you plan on reading in September
- #mapmonday – any book/s that have a map on the inside
- Journey – this could be a magical journey, or a journey of self discovery
- Disability – a book by a disabled author or with a disabled protagonist
- Trickery – a character that tricks people or a story about hidden truths
- Preloved – a book you bought secondhand
- Indigenous – a book by an Indigenous author or with an Indigenous protagonist
- Into the Forest – where the woods or a forest feature prominently
- Standalone – a book without a sequel or prequel
- Musical – where music features in the story or the book is also a musical
- #wickwednesday – feature your bookish candles
- Girl Power – a strong female protagonist or a girl gang
- Person of Colour – a book by a person or colour or with a protagonist who is a person of colour
- #loveozya – a book by an Australian author
- Villain – a book about a villain, your favourite villain, or a villain origin story
- Hero – a book about a hero or someone who saves the day
- OTP – your one true pairing
- Friendship – a great friendship, or a story about a friendship instead of a romance
- #throwbackthursday – a book you love that’s more than five years old
- Adaptation – a book that has been adapted for film or TV
- Wet-and-wild – water features prominently (the sea, rivers, pools!)
- We Need Diverse Books – your favourite diverse books
- #lovenzya – a book by a New Zealand author
- Fulfilled Prophecy – where a prophecy is fulfilled
- #CoverLove – show us your favourite covers
- Auto-Buy-Author – an author whose books you buy automatically
- #QueerPride – your favourite queer books
- Retelling – a book that retells a fairytale, myth, or legend
- Graphic Novel – a graphic novel or comic
- Series – a series of books (duology, trilogy etc.)
If you have any questions about the challenge or the prompts please let me know! I’m more than happy to answer them ^.^
Will you be joining in the #ausyachallenge19? Let me know in the comments below!
Ta ta for now,