Over a month ago the lovely Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews tagged me for The Ultimate Book Tag! But since we all know how terrible I am at actually completing those things, here I am. A month later ;D
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Oh my lord yes. I get sick if I look at my phone for approximately five seconds while in a car. I get terrible motion sickness of every kind T.T
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Completely unique in general, I’d have to say Tahereh Mafi because have you read her books? They’re amazeballs in way of writing.
But to me – David Levithan. His books are so unconventionally written. And gorgeous.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
1. I read the entire Twilight series and I liked the first book, to be honest.
2. I adored Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone when I read it as a kiddlywink, but never read beyond that.
3. So therefore, I couldn’t really choose because one went downhill, and I never finished the other. Oops.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No, I do not. I used to sometimes carry a book in my bag if I had a few hours between uni classes but not any more. A) they’re heavy, and B) they get ruined.
In my bag I usually carry my wallet, my phone, my glasses, and my lip balm. I keep it simple!
5. Do you smell your books?
Hells yes. I smell my books because the book smell is divine.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
If the illustrations are pretty and relevant – with. If they’re ugly and irrelevant – without.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight. I devoured that book to be honest, but now I’m like … yeah, not so great. And some of my favourites from my childhood that I have gone back and read. Which is actually really sad. I’m disillusioning myself.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Uhm … not really. I wasn’t a funny child. I was stupendously academic and quietly intelligent, obviously. Not too different to how I am now ;)
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
I have a tiny copy of a pop up Beauty & the Beast, and also a teeny tiny Princess Diaries book!
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
EH. My shelves are too small to house all my books! But Breaking Dawn is currently acting as a stool for things in my wardrobe, so probably that.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve always been into reading. I don’t even remember a time when I wasn’t reading one book or another!
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Frankenstein. My lord, it’s beautiful and heartwrenching, and completely captivated me. I also adore Black Beauty, though. <3
14. In school what was your best subject?
I received As in all but two of my subjects, but my favourite was English (but only when we were allowed to write creative pieces).
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Try to pawn it off to someone else, because I am really kind like that.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Similar to Harry Potter? UGH, there was a series that I loved as a kid, and it was about this boy that went on a shitload of magical adventures, but I cannot remember the name *crying* Okay, after MUCH annoyance and GREAT strength I found the book in the depths of my house. The series is called A Handful of Magic.
As for The Hunger Games – I’d say Aberrant by Ruth Silver.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I take a long time to reply to comments. EEP.
18. What is your favorite word?
My favourite word tends to change, but at the moment I am fancying gossamer.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires, because I’d fit right in with my pale complexion.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels, because then I’d finally be able to fly.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, because PUPPEH.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. Again with the complexion. Also dead flesh that is rotting is not really attractive.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love because love triangles are heinous and always leave me 100% dissatisfied.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
To be honest, I like both. How about an action-packed book that is 50% love scenes? I’m down for that.
Although, if you want to do this tag, I tag you! :D